Sunday, March 9, 2008

Nick's on Broadway, a third time

Well we went back to Nick's this beautiful Sunday morning. Susie had a hamsteak sandwich on whole wheat and I had Eggs Benedict with steak. (Trust me this was way better than my lousy photograph.) The eggs were poached to perfection, at least for my taste -- I asked for a hard poach -- and the steak was delicious and cooked just right. Nick's home fries are the best I've ever had, such a tasty combination of sweet and regular potatoes.

There's just no getting around the fact that Nick's is one damn fine place to eat, breakfast or dinner. If you're going for breakfast I urge you to get there early. We arrived a little before nine -- hey it's a three-block walk for us -- and there was no waiting. A half later later and the queuing had already begun.

Oh, and I want to say that the service has always been friendly, professional and knowledgeable. In fact Sharon has waited on us twice and she writes nothing down. I'm not sure any of them do actually.

Amazing.

No comments: